5 wonderful books to read in Sant Jordi

22 abril




Hey everyone!! It’s been a while since my last post huh?! The simple reason that kept me out of my blog was that there was a lot of stuff going on at the same time and it was really stressing; but thankfully this rough time has passed away so from now on, I’ll post a new entry every week!!

Let’s go back to the post: today I’m going to introduce you 5 awesome books in Sant Jordi’s Day, Catalonia’s lovers day (it’s like St Valentines Day) + the book/culture day. Ever since ancient time, it’s tradition that boys have to give a rose to her lover, and girls,  give him a book.
The main thing that makes the difference between Vs Day and St.Js Day is that Sant Jordi is a fest where it’s not that important to have a boyfriend/girlfriend/lover; in Sant Js Day you can just go by yourself and buy your favourite books ( as I did, even tho I have a boyfriend).

So the 5 reads I recommend you to read are :
-La pequeña comunista que no sonreía nunca (Original Title: La petite communiste qui ne souriait jamais), by Lola LAFONT: this novel talks about the hard life of Nadia Comaneci, who won the gymnastic exercise at the Olympic Games of 1976 in Montreal with only 14 years old. In my opinion it’s a very interesting read because you get to see how hard is to achive perfection.
-Vermell com la sang (Original Title: Punainen Kuin Veri), by Salla SIMUKKA. Hands down for this book. If you loved Stieg LARSONS’s triology “The girl with the dragon tattoo” you’re going to love this!!
-Un ruban autour dune bombe. Une biographie textile de Frida Khalo, by Maud Guély and Rachel VINÉ-KRUPA. This is the perfect mix for me  because I’ve always had a passion with the mexican artist Frida Khalo plus I want to be a fashion designer as a metier so this book it’s a total inspiration for me!
-The chronology of fashion. From Empire Dress to Ethical Design, by NJ STEVENDON. Not much to say about this bad boy ; is you are interested in fashion you will adore this book!
-How to be Parisian wherever you are, by S. MAS, A. DIWAN, C. DE MAIGRET and A. BEREST. Omg I seriously love this book!! Basically, as the title tells, it’s like a guide to behave the typical Parisienne; this book has all, from hilarious scenes, to French recipies, I rate this book 10/10. 

Well, so that’s basically it gang!! Hope you have a great Sant Jordi’s Day  and see ya next week!!
Júlia xoxo





       





What i'm wearing:
Dress-Mango
Socks-H&M
Shoes-Casas

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios